Next year will be our 10th Anniversary of running our Family Farm Stay Business, like most small businesses, you have to wear many hats, in addition to feeding the pigs sheep and chickens we also play host to a variety of guests both domestic and international.
We are happy to share some of our secrets behind running our successful business in return for you sharing this post and passing our message on, the key principals behind our guests booking with us and returning are:
Getting Guests Through the Door
- Have a targeted Social Media Presence, ten years ago having a website was enough, today social media allows you to direct customers to your business like having multiple sales funnels flowing directly through your shop door, we use multiple platforms and try to keep our content fresh, funny and targeted to enthuse potential past and future guests to our door.
- In the same way as theatre, you are only as good as your last performance so to within the hospitality sector you are only as good as your last review, Trip advisor can be your best friend in terms of getting guests to the door but at the same time can in an instant rip away all that you have worked on. Focus on fixing issues before they become a problem and follow up to see that they are resolved.
Delivering A Quality Experience
- Meeting expectations is not enough anymore, look for opportunities within your business to deliver that additionally, the unexpected often delights, for us it is allowing children the opportunity to get involved in the day to day tasks on the farm, trying apples from the orchard, collecting eggs for breakfast or simply building a fire.
- Anticipate requirements, place yourself in your guests shoes, what do you like to find on arrival it is often little things that cost nothing but time.
Leaving Great Reviews
- Always endeavour to meet guests on arrival and departure, ask what they hope to achieve during their stay check on your guest experience after their first day giving you the chance to put right anything they are having difficulty with.
- Don’t be afraid to solicit for reviews, you will have gained a good indication through the above which of your guests will follow through with a great review.
Thank you fro reading please like and subscribe and take a further look around our farm through the link below: